Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sangria Sunday, the first day in Espana

Hola a todos!
I finallllly made it to Madrid, Spain safely this morning around 9 (3am your time).  It is now 4:30 spain time and we are still up but hitting a wall lol we just ate dinner altho we got in trouble for calling it dinner since we ate it around 3:30 so that we could go to bed earrrrly haha dinner was pretty good tho! surprisingly for me because i was not expecting the best haha we had this kind of chicken (pollo) with potatoes (papas) and baconnnn!!! (beicon) my personal fav haha i love me some bacon lol but it was all together with some onions for flavoring..not bad :) oh and yummy bread, how could i forget that haha

I was worried about the food after we started exploring around madrid today becausssssse we went to a few tapas and other restaurants just looking around near our house. and all the food they were serving...well, we had no idea what it was. haha weird colors and consistencies and we were like uuhhhh thank you lol thank god they were free tho..well not free but when you order a drink over here (we got sangria :) lol) you get free tapas or weird like appetizers. pretty different! we also met a friend already, named Pablo, go figs haha, who was a waiter for us and wanted to baile (dance) it was like 1 pm. um no thanks?

When we met Puri (my madrid mom) for the first time today it was kinda rough haha she and her daughter and her daughters husband picked us up from the airport (since the husband is the only one with a car..everyooooone walks here or takes the metro its crazy haha they def arent lazy americans lol) But puri speaks no english and her spanish has a weird accent not to mention she is super fast...so me and tricia (my roommate) were strugs for a while nodding and saying si and smiling..it was awkward. but weve since been working on the spanish and working with puri to explain more and describe things better so we actually had a pretty decent convo at dinner. Yayyy!

When we first got to our apartment it was pretty scaring.  I was completely overwhelmed between the new environment and this lady that only spoke really fast Spanish to me constantly.  I wanted to just turn around and come back home haha not to mention once i saw my room..pretty small and very dirty :/ plus the plethora of clothes and toiletries i have no where for. i was like omg. it was so different! but im already getting used to it and Tricia is helping a toooooonnnn!! makes me feel way more comfortable going thru this with her so I am not the only retarded one haha

Anyway i am just rambling i dont know what all to include in this one since it is like my very first one from over here.  all day i was like oh i need to remember that for my blog lmao and i forgot a lot of it :/ im sure ill think of it another time and update you all! but as for now, adios!  Ill attach some pics of the day. 

Wish me luck for tomorrow.  gotta figure out the Metro to get us to school for orientation :/ probs gonna get lost a lot haha

LOVE YOU ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment